- River Kielajoki offers great chances for trout and grayling fishing
- Boat rental for lake Aksujärvi available from Giellajohka - trout, grayling, whitefish, pike, perch and many more
- Lots of smaller lakes, ponds and other rivers
- Fishing in Giellajohka requires licenses. For lakes and ponds you only need the Fisherie's Management Fee. For rivers, you will need Angling permit in addition to the Fisherie's Management Fee. These licences can be bought online.
- Fisherie's Management Fee: www.eraluvat.fi/en/fisheries-management-fee
- Angling permits: http://www.eraluvat.fi/en/fishing/fishing-permits-and-fees/angling-permit
- Fishing licenses and guidance also available from Giellajohka
Join the Giellajohka crew on a hunt for local fish!
The trip starts with a short car ride to a nearby lake, where we will strap on our snowshoes and head on to the frozen lake. After we have found our fishing spots, everyone can drill their own hole in the ice. Then it is time to hook the baits, set up the rods and try our hand at the traditional ways of arctic winter fishing!
- Duration: 2,5 - 3 hours
- Price: 50 € / person
Includes guiding, transportation, snowshoes, fishing equipment and hot drinks by an open fire